[Funland] CLB tiếng Anh - OF English Club (OFEC) 3 - Don't be shy, say to share...

Trạng thái
Thớt đang đóng

hat.tieu

Xe lăn
Biển số
OF-124436
Ngày cấp bằng
16/12/11
Số km
Động cơ
-90,760 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
Website
tiengduc.org
for the idiom: Chém gió in Vietnamese, I propose the equivalent idiom in English: shoot the breeze/bull or blow hot air (as suggested by yourdalink)

I do remember the first time I studied Translation. My teacher divided my class into several groups, and each group had its own task, e.g. English – Vietnamese Translation, and vice versa. My group had to translate this Vietnamese folk-verse:

"Gió đưa cành trúc la đà
Tiếng chuông Thiên Mụ, canh gà Thọ Xương"

Well, it’s very difficult to understand Vietnamese poems’ meaning, never mind translate them into foreign language. But we had to finish such a difficult task. So we decided to do one-by-one translation, for examples, “Canh truc” was translated as “Bamboo Stick”, “la da” as “Mule – Camel”, “Thien Mu” as “The Wife of God”, “Canh ga” as “Chicken Soup”, “Tho Xuong” as “Well-done Bone”, etc. Our masterpiece was passed to other group to translate it into Vietnamese, then. We were very proud of our Big Mental Work.
And below is what our partner produced it into Vietnamese. It must be said that they were very cool, and good at the rules of Vietnamese Traditional Poem, thesix - eight sentence style (Luc Bat.)

"Roi tre vun vút vung ra
Lũ lạc đà với lũ la chạy cuồng”
Vợ giời gióng một hồi chuông
Gọi về ăn bát canh xương gà tầu "

Translation is really a great creative work!

phamhungbs

Xe điện
Biển số
OF-77059
Ngày cấp bằng
4/11/10
Số km
Động cơ
471,922 Mã lực
Tuổi
Nơi ở
Đống Đa
I couldn't translate this phase Vietnamese to English for my young brother :((((((
Yeah, some years ago, we discussed the meaning of Chém gió in English; someone also called it "airblade" :)
@hat.tieu: I just find a phrase or idiom with the nearest meaning. People often say storm and hurricane are not as terrible as Vietnamese grammar :D

Khonghieu

Xe container
Biển số
OF-51386
Ngày cấp bằng
22/11/09
Số km
Động cơ
516,450 Mã lực
Nơi ở
đằng sau lưng mọi người
One tree cant make a hill
Three trees can make a huge moutain.

hat.tieu

Xe lăn
Biển số
OF-124436
Ngày cấp bằng
16/12/11
Số km
Động cơ
-90,760 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
Website
tiengduc.org
Many people are trying make Vietnamese Grammar similar to Western Grammars, thats why we find it hard to understand.

i.m.u.s.m

Xe tăng
Biển số
OF-148537
Ngày cấp bằng
8/7/12
Số km
Động cơ
376,562 Mã lực
Yeah, some years ago, we discussed the meaning of Chém gió in English; someone also called it "airblade" :)
@hat.tieu: I just find a phrase or idiom with the nearest meaning. People often say storm and hurricane are not as terrible as Vietnamese grammar :D
My young brother is a Germany boy, and he said Cutting wind was a skill of his Game, why Vietnamese could do :-< Then, I said Vietnamese were a hero \:D/

hat.tieu

Xe lăn
Biển số
OF-124436
Ngày cấp bằng
16/12/11
Số km
Động cơ
-90,760 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
Website
tiengduc.org
My young brother is a Germany boy, and he said Cutting wind was a skill of his Game, why Vietnamese could do :-< Then, I said Vietnamese were a hero \:D/
We can even cut the typoon, not only wind. Plz tell him that. :P

hungnhd

[Tịch thu bằng lái]
Biển số
OF-115567
Ngày cấp bằng
5/10/11
Số km
Động cơ
414,267 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
Sure, in this thread, pls use English to discuss, and remember you don't need to use the formal English, we come here for "cutting the wind", right? So, try to use the conversational English :D

About the mistakes, are you sure that you don't have mistake when using Vietnamese? Are you sure you can talking in Vietnamese without mistakes? And what about Vietnamese grammar? I'm sure many people here have a lot of mistakes with Vietnamese grammar rule when writing or speaking.

Please excuse the mistakes, anyone who are afraid of making mistakes pls make mistakes by talking here, don't be shy.

I think we have a topic to discuss here: Correct the mistakes for each other immediately or not?

In my opinion, pls don't try to correct them, it's not good for others, when someone speak or write something wrong, and you show the mistakes, that people will feel embarrassed, and after that, they will not say anything 'cause they're afraid of mistakes :D

PS. My English is not good, because English is not my first and also my second or third language :D
Dear Mr. chã :)
As I said Eng is not my native language, I not sure for grammar, but I think some basic grammar need to use exactly, I think it's useful for everyone, not for my self or someone. If we have mistakes, we could discuss together to improve, enhance our skill. Do I think right?

Of course, I usually take mistakes when I write and speak, but I always try do better and better. If joining this Club, don't by shy, expose your self, your English day by day and a I hope in near future, many Ofer can cut the wind in E like in Vietnamese. hi.

Chỉnh sửa cuối:
Biển số
OF-544
Ngày cấp bằng
29/6/06
Số km
Động cơ
627,927 Mã lực
Nơi ở
APAC
@Tuan Can: Sorry, but I've deleted your posts 'cause you posted in Vietnamese :)

Pls try to use English, as much as you can :)

Tuan Can

Xe container
Biển số
OF-162235
Ngày cấp bằng
23/10/12
Số km
Động cơ
424,066 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Linh Đàm, Hà Nội
@Tuan Can: Sorry, but I've deleted your posts 'cause you posted in Vietnamese :)

Pls try to use English, as much as you can :)
Never mind.
One thing need to talk to you that the grammar should be kept like a chassis of a car. Total agree with Hungnhd.

tung.npvh

Xe tăng
Biển số
OF-121350
Ngày cấp bằng
21/11/11
Số km
Động cơ
385,434 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Lội
Oeo, ai thinh ai can lơn ơ lót phờ zom OFEC :D

Nissan Rogue

Xe hơi
Biển số
OF-194018
Ngày cấp bằng
14/5/13
Số km
Động cơ
328,800 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Nghệ An
i want register english club , but i am not good speak english , if i can join english club ? you sent to me a message ?
my telephone number : 0968.15.9595 ! thank you !

Chỉnh sửa cuối:

cumoc

Xe tải
Biển số
OF-76850
Ngày cấp bằng
2/11/10
Số km
Động cơ
421,904 Mã lực
Nơi ở
7up
He..he. English, Vietnamese or Germany are not important for me. Just only one thing make me fell satisfied...that's No money - No honey <:-P

Trạng thái
Thớt đang đóng
Thông tin thớt
Đang tải