[Funland] CLB tiếng Anh - OF English Club (OFEC) 3 - Don't be shy, say to share...

Trạng thái
Thớt đang đóng

khoinguyen

Xe điện
Biển số
OF-11230
Ngày cấp bằng
24/10/07
Số km
Động cơ
560,730 Mã lực
"My major"... What does it mean? Misshn.

Biển số
OF-544
Ngày cấp bằng
29/6/06
Số km
Động cơ
627,899 Mã lực
Nơi ở
APAC
We are here to listen, to speak and to share...in english. I don't think this thread can help improving as much as a class or a forum specialized for learning because there are no excecise, no teacher, no test, no frequently speaking show and paticularly no pression. But that creat an english environnement and that's important. We enjoy english :)
Go to a class isn't the only way to learn English, we can learn a lot from here, once you speak, listen or read something, that's mean you are learning. Sometime it's better than go to a class, discuss many thing with teachers and then you come back home and forget almost everything :)

"My major"... What does it mean? Misshn.
Major is something that you are working in or have good knowledge about it, for example, if you learn economics then economics will be your major.

Chỉnh sửa cuối:

khoinguyen

Xe điện
Biển số
OF-11230
Ngày cấp bằng
24/10/07
Số km
Động cơ
560,730 Mã lực
Major is something that you are working in or have good knowledge about it, for example, if you learn economics then economics will be your major.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thanks. But I dont (think) use between claude economics THEN economics, maybe ... I dont know.

GiannoV

Xe buýt
Biển số
OF-192821
Ngày cấp bằng
6/5/13
Số km
Động cơ
336,520 Mã lực
Go to a class isn't the only way to learn English, we can learn a lot from here, once you speak, listen or read something, that's mean you are learning. Sometime it's better than go to a class, discuss many thing with teachers and then you come back home and forget almost everything :)
Yep. agreeing with you at this point. There're many ways to learn English, from here, from friends, from class, from listenning an E song or seeing a movie. And the important is that we have to set "learn and learn" thinking up in head. I always noted new words seen in the thread, yeahh!!! In early a year, i'll have my own Ofun cutting wind dictionnary \:D/

Biển số
OF-544
Ngày cấp bằng
29/6/06
Số km
Động cơ
627,899 Mã lực
Nơi ở
APAC
Or her husband is a major in the military :D
Sure, it has some other meanings, I just explain to him in this situation :)

Yep. agreeing with you at this point. There're many ways to learn English, from here, from friends, from class, from listenning an E song or seeing a movie. And the important is that we have to set "learn and learn" thinking up in head. I always noted new words seen in the thread, yeahh!!! In early a year, i'll have my own Ofun cutting wind dictionnary \:D/
Yeap, so... you guys, pls share to others your experiences in learning English, give your ideas, advices, learning methods or something like that :)

I have learnt English for many years without using it, and as many people, I couldn't speak to English native speakers nor understand what they were talking about :) I could understand English news papers, short articles, technical books etc., that mean my English was not very bad :D

Some years before, I changed my job, and in this company, I had have to contact with many foreigners, it's partners, customers from many countries. Firstly I was very shy and afraid of making mistakes when speaking or writing email, but I had to communicate with them, no other ways. I did with my poor English, but I felt after time, my English has improved, of course I still had mistakes, but they didn't care, they understood what I wanted to say and I could understand them too.

I found the good way to practice English, it's Effortless English program, I said practice, not learning, all the things I need to do are listening to the audio files, you can find many websites about this program in the Internet :)

After some months practicing with this program, I think my English improves a lot, I can instantly understand the native English speakers, TV shows, better in pronunciation, of course, I still have grammar mistakes, but I don't care, I don't use English to write novels or something like that :D

Gabpearl

Xe buýt
Biển số
OF-127638
Ngày cấp bằng
14/1/12
Số km
Động cơ
381,990 Mã lực
Sure, it has some other meanings, I just explain to him in this situation :)

Yeap, so... you guys, pls share to others your experiences in learning English, give your ideas, advices, learning methods or something like that :)

I have learnt English for many years without using it, and as many people, I couldn't speak to English native speakers nor understand what they were talking about :) I could understand English news papers, short articles, technical books etc., that mean my English was not very bad :D

Some years before, I changed my job, and in this company, I had have to contact with many foreigners, it's partners, customers from many countries. Firstly I was very shy and afraid of making mistakes when speaking or writing email, but I had to communicate with them, no other ways. I did with my poor English, but I felt after time, my English has improved, of course I still had mistakes, but they didn't care, they understood what I wanted to say and I could understand them too.

I found the good way to practice English, it's Effortless English program, I said practice, not learning, all the things I need to do are listening to the audio files, you can find many websites about this program in the Internet :)

After some months practicing with this program, I think my English improves a lot, I can instantly understand the native English speakers, TV shows, better in pronunciation, of course, I still have grammar mistakes, but I don't care, I don't use English to write novels or something like that :D
Thank you so much for sharing.
I am replanning the learning English schedule and choose a good method to learn English.
And here is what I do everyday:
1. Read at least one article from CNN
2. Listen to at least one article from VOA
3. Read some technical document (IT)

If someones know other sources better for learning English, please tell me. Vodka is available now.

I failed a project when communicate directly with Taiwan and Korean.
I can't listen and understand what Korean spoke. :(
And I hope I don't fail another project because of can not communicate with customer by English

Thank you for all.

GiannoV

Xe buýt
Biển số
OF-192821
Ngày cấp bằng
6/5/13
Số km
Động cơ
336,520 Mã lực
Hi,

1rstly, Reading and listenning helps you get more words, terms, structures, informations. Strongly Focussing on which section, domain you really need to use E.

2ndly, Writing, speaking to others helps you have skills to control what you have and use it more easily. Strongly focussing on which you can cut the wind (i means you know well what others want to hear from you).

3rdly, Learning about soft-techniques (means specific culture, civilisation, human,..). For Ex, how to persuade other in English, how to negociate an affair, how to write a business letter, how to "chop down" a western girl, old or young, how and when possible to fcuk others...

Hope that help me a vodka :D

GiannoV

Xe buýt
Biển số
OF-192821
Ngày cấp bằng
6/5/13
Số km
Động cơ
336,520 Mã lực
What's this?

Chỉnh sửa bởi quản trị viên:

dht

Xe điện
Biển số
OF-1380
Ngày cấp bằng
17/8/06
Số km
Động cơ
595,096 Mã lực
Thank you so much for sharing.
I am replanning the learning English schedule and choose a good method to learn English.
And here is what I do everyday:
1. Read at least one article from CNN
2. Listen to at least one article from VOA
3. Read some technical document (IT)

If someones know other sources better for learning English, please tell me. Vodka is available now.

I failed a project when communicate directly with Taiwan and Korean.
I can't listen and understand what Korean spoke. :(
And I hope I don't fail another project because of can not communicate with customer by English

Thank you for all.
Not at least one, but as much as possible!

1. Read English as much as possible. Try to translate them into Vietnamese. Have some one(s) to correct the translation for you. Translating is very important in understanding English well. Translating takes much more effort than reading, but it's important.

2. Listen/watch as much as possible to VOA/BBC/CNN (from early morning untill late night). Begin with Special Programs.

3. Watch English movies with English titles as much as possible.

4. Try to look for meanings in English dictionary.

After 2-3 years of extensive traning like this, you'll be an English guru :D

hat.tieu

Xe lăn
Biển số
OF-124436
Ngày cấp bằng
16/12/11
Số km
Động cơ
-90,760 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
Website
tiengduc.org
Well, I think, if we wanna use English well, dont try to translate it into Vnese, because you will always need more time for translation. Moreover, your English will be Vnese-like.

hungnhd

[Tịch thu bằng lái]
Biển số
OF-115567
Ngày cấp bằng
5/10/11
Số km
Động cơ
414,267 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
Effortless English - I think it's very useful for us. When u listen to him (J... I don't remember his name :D ), U will find out that E is not so complicated as we have learnt in past in Vietnamese school. Pls forget grammar, forget sentence structure, just learn how to express one specific matter, learn how to say about one thing, one man in easiest way with basic E words. We are not jounarlist, doctor... we just want how to talk together and undertand eachother. Whenever u are confident with ur speaking, understanding, it time to learn sth harder. This is my thinking. May be it wrong, But this is the best choice and the most suitable for me.

yourdalink

Xe container
Biển số
OF-11968
Ngày cấp bằng
8/12/07
Số km
Động cơ
594,229 Mã lực
Nơi ở
DACE
Effortless English - I think it's very useful for us. When u listen to him (J... I don't remember his name :D ), U will find out that E is not so complicated as we have learnt in past in Vietnamese school. Pls forget grammar, forget sentence structure, just learn how to express one specific matter, learn how to say about one thing, one man in easiest way with basic E words. We are not jounarlist, doctor... we just want how to talk together and undertand eachother. Whenever u are confident with ur speaking, understanding, it time to learn sth harder. This is my thinking. May be it wrong, But this is the best choice and the most suitable for me.
I tried, I did buy an ipod for this activity but I failed to commit to the task of listening :(. My English is quite good as I did got overall of 7.0 in the IELTS test 2 years ago. However, my listening and especially speaking skills are quite bad.

Some shares above remind me of the time I took a holiday in France and Italy. My gf who was studying dentisterie in France at that time had to help me to talk with Italian sometimes. That's because my pronunciation was not quite good (and Italians! Their English was quite poor :(). My gf has studied English much except for that she sometimes talks with foreigners and spends lots of time to watch sitcom.

Another example could be my bro. He was lazy boy when he was at school. Whenever he went home, he only watched youtube and tweeted. Never does any homework or study English. However, after spending years watching youtube and tweeting, he could get IELTS of 6.5 and his listening skill was quite good.

Thus, I think effortless English is a good one to try. However, I find it effortless to play effortless English. Am I too lazy? :D

Chỉnh sửa cuối:

hat.tieu

Xe lăn
Biển số
OF-124436
Ngày cấp bằng
16/12/11
Số km
Động cơ
-90,760 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
Website
tiengduc.org
If using 5ucking quite often will make you better at English, I wonder.

GiannoV

Xe buýt
Biển số
OF-192821
Ngày cấp bằng
6/5/13
Số km
Động cơ
336,520 Mã lực
Another chanel can help improve english and others soft-skills - TED Talks: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/user/TEDtalksDirector[/YOUTUBE]

Biển số
OF-38682
Ngày cấp bằng
19/6/09
Số km
Động cơ
524,265 Mã lực
Nơi ở
https://www.facebook.com/chimbaobao
Website
www.otofun.net
Trạng thái