[Funland] CLB tiếng Anh - OF English Club (OFEC) 3 - Don't be shy, say to share...

Trạng thái
Thớt đang đóng

GiannoV

Xe buýt
Biển số
OF-192821
Ngày cấp bằng
6/5/13
Số km
Động cơ
336,520 Mã lực
Chỉnh sửa cuối:

1TiTi

Xe tăng
Biển số
OF-207421
Ngày cấp bằng
24/8/13
Số km
Động cơ
331,670 Mã lực
i love coffee but i have no time. no traffic mean. so i only drink coffee online:D

ps. if have chance, I would like to face you for learning E please?
This is better
"If i could,i would love to meet you to learn E. Pleeeeease?"

1TiTi

Xe tăng
Biển số
OF-207421
Ngày cấp bằng
24/8/13
Số km
Động cơ
331,670 Mã lực
Who's here love to sing Karaoke ???

I am me

Xe tải
Biển số
OF-69173
Ngày cấp bằng
25/7/10
Số km
Động cơ
432,260 Mã lực
Hi, How are u doing?

1TiTi

Xe tăng
Biển số
OF-207421
Ngày cấp bằng
24/8/13
Số km
Động cơ
331,670 Mã lực
Thank you much (f)!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/artistry
artistry (ˈɑːtɪstrɪ)
— n
1. artistic workmanship, ability, or quality
2. artistic pursuits
3. great skill
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Floral?s=t
floral (ˈflɔːrəl)
— adj
1. decorated with or consisting of flowers or patterns of flowers
2. of, relating to, or associated with flowers: floral leaves

=> I think "floral artistry" is a noun phrase, meanwhile "chơi hoa" is a verb. Still try to find :P. It's really hard, right? Would you mind to suggest anything else?

Bookmarked :). Interesting knowledge (f). Many thanks :)!
For some reasons i kept thinking "Người chơi hoa" . We are after "Nghệ thuật Chơi Hoa" right ? if so, Ikebana and Kado might be it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikebana
The art of Flower care and arrangement came from Asia, It is not common practice in US or Europe so they just called it in Japanese's name.
if we talk about "Người chơi hoa" you need not to separate the words out because each one of them has the meaning of it own... i am talking about noun and verb thing.

i think....but what do i know? :D

Biển số
OF-38682
Ngày cấp bằng
19/6/09
Số km
Động cơ
524,265 Mã lực
Nơi ở
https://www.facebook.com/chimbaobao
Website
www.otofun.net
hi chimbaobao, do you contact with hunghd and Ga Tay? We must discuss in this weekend :)
No. I don't. I respect one's interest. He or she reserves his/her freedom to join or leave the club at his/her convenience:). I can only confirm as I said earlier that I'll be coming this Sunday:).

Hopefully we will have all old and new faces this Sunday:)

dht

Xe điện
Biển số
OF-1380
Ngày cấp bằng
17/8/06
Số km
Động cơ
595,096 Mã lực
Why do English speakers say "try and ____" rather than "try to ____"?

Why do English speakers say "try and ____" rather than "try to ____"?

1. From a purely functionalist standpoint, it's easier to say [traI.jIn]/[traI.n] than to say [traI.tu]. (The nasal is more sonorant than the stop, less of a change following the diphthong.)
2. "Try and" sounds a little bit "friendlier" for some reason. "Try to" sounds more like an imperative/command form to ears.

hungnhd

[Tịch thu bằng lái]
Biển số
OF-115567
Ngày cấp bằng
5/10/11
Số km
Động cơ
414,267 Mã lực
Nơi ở
Hà Nội
No. I don't. I respect one's interest. He or she reserves his/her freedom to join or leave the club at his/her convenience:). I can only confirm as I said earlier that I'll be coming this Sunday:).

Hi. This sunday I can attend our "cutting the wind" meeting. I hope to see all of u there. I haven't seen every one for a long time. And I hope to see new members there also. Have a nice weekend

dht

Xe điện
Biển số
OF-1380
Ngày cấp bằng
17/8/06
Số km
Động cơ
595,096 Mã lực
Coffee, Tea or Me?

Ever got an offer from a young and hot stewardess “Coffee, Tea or Me?”

The great “Coffee, Tea or Me?” hoax

Back in the 1960s, when air travel was more pleasant and our culture was less politically correct, airline stewardesses were hot – at least in terms of their cultural image.
Most stewardesses were young and single. In the media, they were often portrayed as both desirable and attainable – as women who liked to party at the stops along their routes and fool around with pilots and lucky travelers.

http://www.thisdayinquotes.com/2009/09/fly-friendly-skies.html
Then, on November 21, 1967, the book Coffee, Tea or Me?
was published.
Subtitled The Uninhibited Memoirs of Two Airline Stewardesses, this book solidified and further popularized the stereotypical image of fun-loving, sexually promiscuous stewardesses.
It also made the sexually provocative phrase “Coffee, Tea or Me?” a common, humorous saying.
Authorship of the book was credited to two stewardesses named Rachel Jones and Trudy Baker. When it was published, two young women using those names went on a heavily-covered media tour to promote it.
Soon, Coffee, Tea or Me? became a national and international best seller. Millions of copies were sold. Three sequels were published. In 1973, Coffee, Tea or Me? was made into a TV movie in 1973, starring Karen Valentine and Louise Lasser.
Years later, it was revealed that the book had actually been written by the prolific veteran author and ghostwriter, Donald Bain.

“Trudy Baker” and “Rachel Jones” did not exist. The women who went on the book tour were two former stewardesses hired by the publisher’s publicity agent to pose as Trudy and Rachel.
It was a supremely great hoax that generated a lot of money for Bain and a memorable phrase that’s still quoted today.

koala_benho

Xe tăng
Biển số
OF-87917
Ngày cấp bằng
9/3/11
Số km
Động cơ
419,586 Mã lực
Nơi ở
cây Bạch Dương lộng gió

. Sick enought to fall :(( hope that I become better

Trạng thái
Thớt đang đóng
Thông tin thớt
Đang tải